Monday, December 27, 2010

SPANGLISH.....

having a few problemo's with the language barrier at the mo....
Chilean is proving to be more much more difficult than Mexican or Peruvina......so my family have been forced to develop some lateral thinking when communicating due to a slight descrepency between idioma's.....organically this has bred a new evolution of word's that I have taken a shining to!!

Thinny;  a fusion of words....'thin' and 'skinny'.  This was on the top of my christmas wish list and my # 1 New Years resolutions.  I want to be thinny!

Shiny;  not so much a new word but a new way in which to use it.  While rifling through a vintage goldmine at some local markets the other day.....the sun was unusually distracting and.....my cousin kept referring to the glare as shiny.....
in context..... I hope you're all having a super shiny day!!

Terrificle;  another fusion; 'terrific' and 'terrible'.  An oxy- moron of sorts. This can be assigned to many of my conflicting aesthetic tendencies.....here's a few....






My language transition is not going as smoothly or quickly as I had hoped......so I'm sure there will be more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow makers of belief